CMDF administers a Competency Assessment and Certification Program to enhance the competencies and capabilities of the manpower resources of the Construction Industry with the end-in-view of making the industry globally competitive.
B.1. ENHANCED CONSTRUCTION MANAGERS’ TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION PROGRAM (ECOMTCP)
The ECOMTCP is the product of an industry-led application of lessons learned from the pilot construction project management program of CMDF – the COMTCP.
The Construction Managers’ Training & Certification Program (COMTCP) is a program to train, evaluate and certify construction engineers at supervisory and managerial levels who have been engaged in construction.
1. Introduce a training and certification program that upholds rigorous construction project management standards, and is reflective of the current practices of the discipline;
2. Introduce a training and certification program that can raise the competitive advantage and expand career advancement opportunities of construction project managers through highlighted competency, and increased visibility and global mobility;
3. Introduce a training and certification program that is committed to professional development;
4. Strike a balance between global eminence (conformity to international standards) and local relevance; and
5. Provide impartial and credible means to validate domain knowledge and professional experience related to construction project management.
To know more about the program, click here.
B.2. TRAINERS’ TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION PROGRAM (TCP)
TCP aims to develop a pool of proficient construction industry instructors who can transfer their skills and knowledge to a wider audience. This would result in a multiplier effect where there would be an exponential increase in instructors and training/workshop programs to cover the growing demand for competent construction workforce. The program will guarantee effective and dynamic trainers with increased skills in delivery quality construction workshops and training to future Project Managers and Supervisors.
1. Define and explain learning process.
2. Identify which teaching method is appropriate depending on seminar needs.
3. Interpret and manage conduct of training with adult participants.
4. Conceptualize and conduct training lesson.
5. Evaluate and give feedback to adult participants.
B.3. FOREMANSHIP TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION PROGRAM (FTCP)
FTCP is designed to develop competent construction foremen. During the course, participants will learn the roles and responsibilities of a foreman. In addition, they will learn how to create an effective work team, supervise work, communicate effectively, apply problem solving skills, document and maintain records, maintain labor management relations, measure work productivity. plan and schedule work, implement safety and environmental program, and ensure the quality of construction projects.
1. Define and analyze the foreman’s role in construction site.
2. Acquire the knowledge and skills of a construction foreman.
3. identify root causes of problems encountered in the project and provide best solutions.
4. Demonstrate the competencies of a construction foreman.
5. Ensure safety and zero accident in construction site.
B.4. CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISORS’ TRAINING CERTIFICATION PROGRAM (CSTCP)
CSTCP aims to upgrade the competencies of Project Superintendents and Supervisors focusing on the management functions of planning, organizing, implementing and control, and applying their leadership functions in achieving both project and corporate goals and objectives. It will also focus on productivity and improvement.
1. Explain principles and concepts of Productivity.
2. Walk through to the different supervisory/management functions as applied to the development of a pre-construction plan focusing on time management.
3. Walk through to the most sought characteristics of an extraordinary leader and the best leadership practices that he lives out
4. Walk through the Productivity and Improvement Process (PSDM) as they develop their productivity improvement project.
5. Manifest better appreciation of the different conceptual skills and their significance relative to the nature of the participants’ specific jobs in their respective workplaces
To know more about the programs, click here.